I adapted the recipe to suit my needs:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of grated pear (instead of apple)
- 1/2 cup of apple juice (instead of 1/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup of fresh or frozen wild blueberries (instead of 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- (no cinnamon)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Melt butter. Peel bananas. Grate 1 whole pear (maybe 2 depending on size of pears).
- Mash the ripe bananas, add the melted butter, egg, apple juice and grated pear and whisk everything together.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sift together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk some more. Add the blueberries.
- Scoop mixture into the muffin tray.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (instead of 370 as I found that this worked better on my oven) and grease a muffin tray (I used butter and mini cupcake tray). Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Break a muffin in half. Serve with a side of yogurt and steamed pear for a yummy and moist breakfast. My 15-month old loves it.