- 9 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 button thinly sliced mushrooms (added this ingredient)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Lightly grease muffin tin and set aside.
- Saute the chopped onions in a pan with a drizzle of oil. Before onions are cooked through and translucent, add mushrooms. Lastly add spinach until it is just slightly wilted.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and beat as if making scrambled eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Into the greased muffin cups.
- Add a spoon of the onions, mushrooms, and wilted spinach in each cup.
- Top with 1 tablespoon each of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Then ladle enough egg mixture into each muffin cup to fill the tin about 2/3 full.
Preheat oven to 375. Bake little quiches for 10-20 minutes. Depending on the size of your muffin tin cups it may be more or less. My mini ones cooked throughly around 15 minutes.
Let your quiche-muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan. They come out fairly easily, and just pickup with a wooden spoon and put in a plate to finish cooling and serve.
This was my first time making a quiche and what I learned is that you can pretty much saute and add anything to it in place of the veggies above. By the way, did you notice my laziness in getting already chopped red onions instead of having to chop them myself? It saves time and it's easier. It's still fresh and organic, so why not? I'm so glad I found this recipe.
Eggs are a wonderful food!