I had always wanted to try making meatloaf but as an amateur cook, it seemed rather daunting with so many ingredients and the pressure of cooking it thoroughly but still keeping the inside moist and delicious.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup rolled oats (instead of any dry oatmeal)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup green peas and 1/2 diced tomatoes (optional veggies of choice)
- Smashed diced tomato puree (instead of ketchup)
- Cooking spray
- Mix ground beef with rolled oats and egg with the best utensils: hands.
- Add veggies and shape into meatballs.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and place each meatball in each.
- Top off with smashed tomato puree for a baked on ketchup.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tin in oven and bake for 50 minutes.
Break meatball in half and serve to toddler along with some chopped lightly blanched spinach for a deliciously moist and healthy meal. I freeze the rest of the batch and steam heat them for lunch or dinner for the babe.
The inside stays moist from the diced tomatoes and peas. I forgot some onions, so I'll definitely be trying this again with onions and carrots.
Happy baby belly!